Dog Silencer Pro Instruction Manual
The compact Dog Silencer Pro by Good Life® LLC is designed to train dogs to stop barking by emitting high-pitched sonic (audible) and ultrasonic (inaudible to humans) sound frequencies in direct response to every bark. Our exclusive technologies isolate barking over all other noises while the powerful sound frequencies sweep through a variety of pitches to target a wide range of dogs. We have even included a convenient remote – exclusive to Good Life® – so you can activate the unit any time. The Dog Silencer Pro’s proven success rate and anti-shock training techniques make it the most innovative and humane antibark training tool on the market.
Included in this Package
· 1 Dog Silencer Pro
· 1 Keychain Remote Control (P)
· 1 Clear Plastic Rain Jacket (L)
Optional Accessories (sold separately)
· AC Adapter (O)
· 75-foot Extension Cord (M)
Dog Silencer Pro – Part List
· A - Sensitivity Dial
· B - Frequency Switch
· C - Fold-Out Feet
· D - Audio Speakers
· E - Indicator Light (Audio)
· F - Indicator Light (Ultrasonic)
· G - Sensor
· H - Ultrasonic Speaker
· I - DC Jack
· J - Mounting Hole
· K - Battery Cover (9V)
· L - Clear Plastic Rain Jacket
· M - Extension Cord (75ft)
· N - AC Adapter (6ft)
· O - Remote Control
Specifications & Features
· Sound Sweep Technology™: Sweeps through a wide
range of sound, designed to target each dog with the most
effective frequency while ensuring the dog does not get
used to the sound.
· Bark Recognition Technology™: Detects barking over
other sounds and automatically triggers powerful, highpitched
frequencies every time the dog barks.
· Keychain Remote Control: Gives you the power to
manually turn on the Dog Silencer Pro from up to 500 feet
away in case the dog is outside the unit’s sound sensor
· Power Options: Your choice of 9v Battery (not included)
or AC Adapter and 75ft Extension Cord (sold separately)
· Sound Range: The Dog Silencer Pro detects barking up
to 75 feet away. Our High Pressure Transducer pumps
out sound that can be heard up to 300 feet away – over
100 percent further than others.
· Portability: The Dog Silencer Pro can be used both
indoors and outdoors and has a discreet forest green
finish, water resistant jacket, fold out feet and built-in
mounting hole on the back so you can hang it anywhere.
· Dimensions: 6.5”H x 5”W x 1.5”D
· Audio Output: 120db
· Weight: 1 lb (2 lbs with AC Adapter)
· CE Approved
· When first turning on the Dog Silencer Pro, the device will sound off for approximately 5 seconds, then revert to stand-by mode. It will not sound off again until triggered by barking or the Remote Control (O).
· If the Dog Silencer Pro is going to be used outdoors, be sure to put it in the Clear Plastic Rain Jacket (L) before placing it outside. Exposing the Dog Silencer Pro to rain without the Clear Plastic Rain Jacket (L) may cause the unit to malfunction.
· The unit can be placed on the ground and stabilized using the Fold-Out Feet (C) or mounted on a wall, fence, tree, post, etc using the Mounting Hole (J) on the back of the unit. If you place the unit above a fence or high on a wall, try to angle the device down toward the dog.
· Test the unit before first use by switching the Frequency Switch (B) to “Audio”, and wait for the dog to bark to make sure the unit is triggering correctly.
· Make sure the Dog Silencer Pro is within the 75-foot sound sensor range of the dog in order to pick up the barking.
· For best results, your Dog Silencer Pro should be in the same general location of the dog, with the front of the device facing where the dog commonly barks – whether it be in a room or a backyard.
· Ultrasonic sound does not travel through solid barriers like walls and fences. For best results, simply place the Dog Silencer Pro above, below or to the side of any obstructions.
Adjusting the Microphone Sensitivity
· You will want to adjust the Dog Silencer Pro’s microphone sensitivity so that the unit is consistently activated by the dog’s barking.
· The Sensitivity Dial (A) allows you to choose between “Hi” and “Lo” sensitivity. (See Dog Silencer Pro – Part List)
· We recommend you set the Frequency Switch (B) to “Audio” while adjusting the Microphone Sensitivity so you can hear the Dog Silencer Pro when it activates. After you are done, switch the Frequency Switch (B) back to “Ultra”.
· To find the most effective microphone sensitivity setting, place the Dog Silencer Pro within 50 to 75 feet of the dog and have the dog bark. If the device does not go off when the dog barks, either adjust the Sensitivity Dial (A) to a higher setting or move the Dog Silencer Pro closer to the dog.
· The optimal microphone sensitivity level depends on how close the Dog Silencer Pro is to the dog. The farther away the device is from the barking, the more likely you will need the Sensitivity Dial (A) on “Hi”. The closer the device is to the barking, the more likely you will need the Sensitivity Dial (A) on “Lo”.
Adjusting the Sound Frequency
· You will want to use the Frequency Switch (B) to adjust the Dog Silencer Pro to the setting that best deters the dog from barking.
· The Frequency Switch (B) switch has three settings – Ultra, Audio and Off. (See Dog Silencer Pro – Part List)
· The Ultra (ultrasonic) setting emits a frequency outside the hearing range of humans yet extremely annoying to canines. We recommend you use this setting primarily and only use the Audio setting for testing purposes.
· The Audio (sonic) setting emits a high-pitched sound frequency humans and canines can hear, along with the ultrasonic frequency. Use this setting only if the dog doesn’t respond to Ultra mode or when testing the device.
· Both Ultra and Audio sound frequencies have a traveling distance of up to 200 feet and are designed to automatically trigger when the dog barks. The Audio frequency fluctuates in pitch – similar to a siren.
· Some bigger dogs respond better to the Audio frequency while some smaller dogs respond better to the Ultra frequency – though responses vary greatly between dogs. We recommend using the Ultra mode first and foremost.
· One of the two lights on the front of the unit will blink every time it is activated. The Red Audio Indicator
Light (E) blinks when the Audio frequency triggers, and the Green Ultrasonic Indicator Light (F) blinks when the Ultra frequency triggers.
· Although the Dog Silencer Pro should only trigger to the sound of barking, we recommend you set up the device on a calm day so external noises like wind don’t activate it while you adjust the Sensitivity Dial (A) and Frequency Switch (B).
· Do not make the dog bark while adjusting the Dog Silencer Pro. This will only confuse the dog. Simply wait for it to bark and fine-tune the Dog Silencer Pro then.
· The Dog Silencer Pro is water resistant when used with its Clear Plastic Rain Jacket (L). If the unit will be exposed to moisture, you must use the Clear Plastic Rain Jacket (L). If water somehow enters through the speaker holes of the Clear Plastic Rain Jacket (L), lay the unit face-down in a dry area until all water drains out.
· Place the Dog Silencer Pro in the room where your dog most commonly barks. Because the ultrasonic sound does not travel through walls, place the unit in an open space facing your dog.
· Keep the Dog Silencer Pro and all wires out of reach from your dog to prevent damage to the unit.
· Do not force your dog to bark while adjusting the Dog Silencer Pro, as this may confuse your dog. Wait for your dog to start barking on its own and fine-tune the device to the nuisance barking then.
· Your Remote Control (O) allows you to manually override the Dog Silencer Pro. In case your Dog Silencer Pro doesn’t pick up the barking for some reason, you can easily trigger the unit yourself by clicking your remote.
· If the Dog Silencer Pro's frequency setting is on Audio, the Remote Control (O) will trigger the audible frequency. If the frequency setting is on Ultra, the Remote Control (O) will trigger the ultrasonic frequency.
· The Remote Control (O) does not need to be pointed directly at the Dog Silencer Pro in order to trigger it. You can be up to 500 feet away from the device to activate it by the remote.
· Training: The Dog Silencer Pro is a training device. Please allow at least 2-3 weeks for optimal results.
· Protective Barking: If the dog’s barking does not cease within a month, it may be because the dog is barking due to instinct, is being harassed, is in a high stress area or is being protective. These types of barking are not nuisance barking.
· Hearing Issues: Dogs that are deaf will not be able to hear the Dog Silencer Pro. Dogs with high frequency hearing damage may be able to hear the “Audio” setting. We do not recommend using the “Audio” setting for neighbor's dogs.
· Battery Life: The 9v volt battery in the Dog Silencer Pro may last 1 week or less during the initial training period.
· Low Power Indicator: If you are powering the Dog Silencer Pro with a battery and it has stopped functioning or is emitting sound constantly, this is a sign that the battery has died or is low on power. Replace the battery or use the AC Adaptor.
· Walls, Ceilings and Windows: The sounds emitted by the Dog Silencer Pro will not penetrate solid barriers such as walls, ceilings, or windows.
· Feeding Time: It is recommended that you disconnect the Dog Silencer Pro when feeding the dog, so that the dog doesn't negatively associate food with the high-pitched frequencies.
· Caution: Use only the Dog Silencer Pro AC Adapter (N) with the unit. Use of any other AC Adaptor may cause damage to the Dog Silencer Pro and will void the 30 Day Money Back Guarantee and 1 Year Warranty.
· I know it’s a training device, but my dog has no immediate reaction to the Dog Silencer Pro.
It can be difficult to “wait” for this to work, but please be patient. This product is not designed to work instantly, but over a
short training period. The dog needs time to learn that he’s going to hear this irritating noise each and every time he barks.
Each dog will learn at their own pace, and unfortunately some dogs are more stubborn than others. Remember, your 30
day trial period does not begin until the day your product is delivered.
· Is the "Hi-Lo" dial on the side of the unit used to adjust Volume?
The “Hi-Lo” dial on the side of the unit is used to customize the microphone sensitivity. This is not a volume setting. You
may adjust the sensitivity of the bark sensor between “Hi” (if the dog is far away) and “Lo” (if the dog is close to the unit, or
if the unit is being used indoors). We recommend you start with the unit on ”Lo”, and then increase the sensitivity as
needed. There is no volume adjustment necessary on the Dog Silencer Pro, as the ultrasonic frequencies can travel up to
300 feet in a clear, unobstructed path.
· My dog is barking MORE than before I started using the Dog Silencer Pro.
This is actually a good sign! This means that your DSP is set up and adjusted correctly, because the dog is hearing this
noise and he certainly does not like it! This stage is common in the training process, and should only last for a few days to
about a week. Shortly after this stage, the dog figures out that the unit only makes noise when he barks.
· How long is the 9v battery supposed to last?
The 9v volt battery in the Dog Silencer Pro will likely last 1 week or less during the initial training period. This is due to a
combination of two factors:
(1) During the initial training period it is common for the dog to bark frequently, at times even more often than usual. This is
a normal part of the training process, but will understandably shorten battery life because in order to train the Dog, the Dog
Silencer Pro automatically activates every time the dog barks.
(2) The Dog Silencer Pro emits highly concentrated sound up to 300 feet away. This requires power, and frequent barking
will shorten battery life.
· Is there anything illegal about using this unit on my neighbor’s dog?
As far as we know, there are no legal issues with the Dog Silencer Pro. This device is designed to be a safe, humane
alternative to other bark control methods such as shock collars and vocal cord surgery. Because of this, the Dog Silencer
Pro comes highly recommended by kennel owners, veterinarians, and even law enforcement. Before using the Dog
Silencer Pro, we recommend talking with your neighbors about their dog's barking. Many times being direct and honest
about your concern will go a long way towards solving the problem and maintaining a healthy relationship between you
and your neighbor. We do not recommend using the “Audio” setting for neighbor's dogs.
· Can I use the Dog Silencer Pro with a puppy?
We do not recommend using the Dog Silencer Pro with a puppy. Please consult your veterinarian before using this
product with puppies.
· My remote doesn’t light up any more, or the remote lights up but is not activating the Dog Silencer Pro.
Your remote probably just needs a new battery. There are two very small screws on the back of the remote so you can
remove the battery cover. The remote uses a 23A 12V battery (L1028, EL12, VR22 alkaline). We recommend taking the
old battery to the store when you go to purchase a new battery.
· The Dog Silencer Pro is emitting sound randomly or continuously.
• If you are running the unit on battery, try replacing the battery. When the unit detects a low battery it will start
sounding at random (similar to a smoke alarm with a dead battery).
• Lower the microphone sensitivity. Sometimes if this dial is up too high, other nearby sounds may activate the
Dog Silencer Pro.
• Try turning the unit completely off for a few minutes. Turn the unit back on again. This should allow the unit to
• If this does not help, please contact our Customer Care Department at 800-657-8214 to further troubleshoot
· This seemed to have a very powerful affect on my dog at first, but now suddenly he seems to ignore it. What can I
• If you are running the unit on battery, first try replacing the battery.
• Press the button on the Remote Control (O) to make sure the unit is still activating properly. On the “Ultra”
setting you will see the green light blink. In the “Audio” setting you will see both the red and green lights come
on when the unit is activated.
• If the battery is new or if the unit is plugged into electricity, try moving the unit closer to the dog. You may also
try activating the unit with the remote control to see if that affects the dog any differently.
• If this does not help, please contact our Customer Care Department at 800-657-8214 to further troubleshoot